Post-Secondary Monthly Metropass
The Post-Secondary Metropass is available from TTC Collectors in subway stations or at participating TTC Fare Sellers or at Pass Vending Machines at select stations.
The Post-Secondary Metropass cannot be purchased through the TTC Metropass Discount Plan program.
Who is eligible to use the monthly Post-Secondary Metropass?
To use the monthly Post-Secondary Metropass, along with a valid TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID, Students must be:
- enrolled in a full-time degree or diploma program in a recognized Post-Secondary institution located within the City of Toronto (a recognized Post-Secondary institution complies with the Post-Secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, 2000 - to find out more information about the Post-Secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, go to www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_00p36_e.htm );
- enrolled as a full-time student at Private Career College (registered under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005) located within the City of Toronto. To find out more information about the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, go to http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_05p28_e.htm
Students must carry their TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID when using their monthly Post-Secondary Metropass and present it upon request by TTC staff.
How to get a TTC Post-secondary Photo ID
In many cases, you can get your Post-secondary photo ID on campus during scheduled TTC Post-Secondary photo ID school visits. TTC photographers will visit many campuses to make it easier to get a photo ID.
Post-secondary students must bring the following when getting a photo ID:
Proof of full-time enrollment as a post-secondary student in a recognized degree or diploma program located in the City of Toronto
One piece of photo ID
The cost of the Photo ID card is $7.00 (cash only).
You can also obtain a TTC Post-secondary Photo ID card at Sherbourne subway station for $5.25.
Are Certificate Students eligible?
- No, Certificate Students are not eligible to use the monthly Post-Secondary Metropass.
Is my Post-Secondary school one of the eligible institutions?
Your school is eligible if it complies with the Post-Secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, 2000 or Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, and is located within the City of Toronto.
If you would like to confirm if you school is eligible, view our list of Eligible Post-Secondary Schools or contact TTC Customer Service at 416-393-3030.
Can I still use my TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID if I am no longer an eligible Post-Secondary Student?
If for any reason a Post-Secondary Student is no longer enrolled in a recognized program, they are no longer eligible to use the TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID. The ID card must be returned to the TTC. Eligible Post-Secondary Students, who graduate in June, may continue to use their card until the following Labour Day.
If I accidentally purchased a Student Metropass, can I exchange it for a Post Secondary Metropass?
Customers who need to exchange a Student Metropass for a Post-Secondary Metropass (and vice versa) may do so at any collector booth until the end of the 4th business day of the month.
What conditions of use appear on the back of the TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID?
These “Conditions of Use” appear on the back of your TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID:
- This card can only be used with a Post-Secondary Metropass.
- This card must be shown to TTC employees when using a Post-Secondary Metropass.
- This card is only valid if the student is enrolled in a recognized degree or diploma program as determined in accordance with TTC Policy (referred to as “Post-Secondary School”), and the institution is located in the City of Toronto.
- This card is not transferable. This card remains the property of the TTC and must be surrendered upon request for inspection. It may be confiscated if the holder violates TTC By-law No. 1, or alters the card in any way. The card will not be returned and you may not apply for a new one.
Is the monthly Post-Secondary Metropass transferable?
Another Post-Secondary Student, when carrying their TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID, can use your Post-Secondary Metropass after you exit the TTC transit system.
Can the TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID be used with student cash fare, ticket or weekly pass?
No. The TTC Post-Secondary Photo ID can only be used with the monthly Post-Secondary Metropass.
315 Evans-Brown's Line diverting both ways via Horner, Thirtieth, Lake Shore due to a collision at Brown's Line and Lake Shore.
Last updated 2:08 AM