MDP Program Terms and Conditions
- The customer certifies that all information provided on the application form is correct and that the customer will immediately notify TTC of any change to the information.
- The customer authorizes TTC, its agents or designated financial institution(s), to obtain monthly fees, on dates and times as may be specified by TTC, and any other fees and charges authorized by this agreement from the customer’s authorized account as indicated on the application form. The customer will immediately notify TTC in writing of any changes in the account. The customer certifies and agrees that the account is in good standing and with sufficient funds to cover the cost of pre-authorized payments and any other fees and charges as they become due.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that a $25.00 service charge may be charged for any transaction not honoured. TTC reserves the right to change the service charge amount from time to time.
- If there is a default in the payment of any monthly fees as and when due, or default or other breach of this agreement then TTC may, on notice to the customer, terminate this agreement.
- The customer’s address for service and notice under this agreement shall be as set out on the application form or at such other address as the customer may notify TTC.
- Customer notice to be provided to TTC under this agreement shall be made to the attention of the Metropass Discount Plan, by facsimile to 416-338-0210, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to 1900 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4S 1Z2, or by telephone at 416-397-8827, as applicable.
- TTC shall have the right, at its sole discretion, upon notice to the customer, to reject any application, to terminate this agreement, or to terminate the Metropass Discount Plan. No portion of any month’s Metropass fee shall be refunded to the customer.
- This agreement is for a minimum of a 12-month period and will automatically renew on an annual basis thereafter. If the customer does not wish this agreement to be renewed then the customer shall notify TTC in writing at least 30 days prior to the next renewal date and, in such event, this agreement shall terminate on the last day of the month immediately before the renewal date. Should the customer cancel the agreement prior to the expiration of the initial 12-month period or during any renewal thereof, the customer agrees TTC will deduct from the customer’s authorized account, or any amended account given to TTC by way of written notice, the difference between the regular price of a monthly Metropass and the reduced monthly Metropass fee billed to the customer under this agreement multiplied by the number of months already passed during the initial 12-month period or any renewal thereof and will not exceed 11 months. No portion of any month’s Metropass fee shall be refunded to the customer. In the event of cancellation, should the customer return the monthly Metropass to TTC prior to the first day of the month to be covered by said monthly Metropass, a full month’s fee shall be refunded to the customer.
- TTC shall have the right to make changes to this agreement at any time. Subject to clause 10, TTC shall provide the customer with at least 60 days written notice of any change to this agreement. If the customer does not accept the change then the customer shall so advise TTC in writing within 30 days of receipt of the change notice (deemed to be received 3 days after date of notice) and, in such event, this agreement shall terminate on the last day of the month immediately before the month in which the change was to come into effect.
- TTC shall have the right to change the amount of the Metropass fee at any time. If the customer does not accept the increased fee then the customer shall so advise TTC in writing within 30 days of TTC announcing a fare increase and, in such event, the customer’s fee shall not be changed and this agreement shall terminate on the last day of the month in which the customer receives and uses the last Metropass delivered under this agreement.
- The customer shall receive the monthly Metropass by regular mail at the designated address as indicated on the application form, or any amended address given to TTC by way of notice. Receipt of the monthly Metropass shall be deemed to be made 3 days after mailing by TTC. In the event of a postal interruption of any kind, the customer may be required to obtain the Metropass at locations designated by the TTC, or the TTC shall have the right to suspend the Metropass Discount Plan.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c. 11, Schedule A, including but not limited to sections 394 to 398, and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.56. All information collected regarding this agreement, whether provided by the customer or third parties, shall, except for the conditions contained in clause 13, be for the purpose of implementing and administering the Metropass Discount Plan. The customer hereby consents to TTC conducting, as it deems fit, any credit checks and other financial verification directly or indirectly without further notice to the customer.
- The customer consents to the use and disclosure to third parties by TTC of information relating to the customer’s name, phone number, address, and Metropass serial number for the purposes of the verification that the customer is a customer under the Metropass Discount Plan, and the customer being provided with third party value added product information and research for product evaluation and improvements.
- TTC agrees not to disclose any financial information provided under this agreement to third parties without the written consent of the customer.
- The customer has certain recourse rights if any debit does not comply with this agreement. For example, the customer has the right to receive reimbursement for any debit that is not authorized or is not consistent with this agreement. To obtain more information on recourse rights, the customer may contact his/her financial institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca.
Any person having questions regarding the collection of personal information may contact, in writing, the Coordinator – Freedom of Information/Records Management, General Secretary Office, Toronto Transit Commission, 1900 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4S 1Z2.
Please retain the Terms and Conditions for reference.
Note: If you move or change you bank account, please notify the MDP Office immediately.
Elevator Alert: North York Centre Station, southbound platform to concourse, out of service until mid-March due to Presto installation.
Last updated 7:40 AM