TTC fares posted at point of purchase are final
Buses or streetcars - You need a ticket, token, pass, transfer or exact cash. Operators do not sell fares or carry change.
Subway - There is a collector booth located at every station where you pay your fare, purchase tickets, tokens and passes (Downtown Express and GTA Weekly Pass). Fare agents accept cash, debit or credit cards.
Proof of age
Proof of age or photo ID must be shown when paying your fare:
- Post-Secondary Students must show a Post-Secondary Photo ID along with a Post-Secondary Metropass;
- Students between 13 and 15 years of age, no identification is required;
- Students between 16 and 19 years old, need to carry appropriate identification such as High School photo ID or Government issued photo ID e.g. Drivers Licence or Ontario Photo Card;
- Seniors, 65 years of age or over, may show a TTC Senior Photo ID, a Driver's Licence or an Ontario Photo Card;
- Children, 12 and under, may be required to show a TTC Proof of Age card.
The TTC Photo ID Facility is located at Sherbourne subway station.
Where to buy your fare
When to buy your fare
Monthly passes (includes Adult, Post-Secondary and Senior/ Student Metropass, and the Downtown Express Monthly Sticker): on sale from the 24th day of the month prior, until the fourth business day of the month for which the pass will be used (available until the 15th of the month at Davisville and Bloor-Yonge stations).
Weekly passes (includes Adult and Senior/Student Weekly Pass, and the GTA Weekly Pass): on sale from the previous Thursday, until the Tuesday of the week for which the pass will be used.
Elevator Alert: Queen's Quay Station, streetcar platform to street level, out of service until June 16, 2017, due to construction.
Last updated Apr 26, 1:38 PM