Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Viewing and Applying
- Do I need to register and set up a user profile if I want to apply to any current job opportunity using TalentNest?
- If I registered and created a profile, do I need to log in to view new job opportunities?
"How to" Tools and Techniques
TalentNest is a web-based job application software application designed to provide job seekers with a modern, user-friendly tool for applying to the Toronto Transit Commission’s employment opportunities.
- TalentNest is a simple to use web-based application that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Anyone (external or internal candidates) can apply to various Toronto Transit Commission jobs at their convenience from any computer, tablet or smartphone with Internet access.
- You create your own personal and confidential log-in/user identification, password and profile with the ability to store and retrieve your résumés.
- Each time you apply for a job you will receive an emailed acknowledgement of your application.
Using a firm that specializes in on-line recruiting systems takes the cost advantage of its experience with its other clients and reduces the overall costs associated with the development and ongoing maintenance of the system.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is continuously improving its services and being responsive to those individuals who want improved on-line functionality. The new TalentNest system does this with features such as email notices of new postings, and email acknowledgements of received applications & résumés.
The TTC needs to attract and retain a skilled, high performing and diverse workforce. This new e-service recruitment tool will help to achieve that goal. The TTC needs to stay competitive in the labour market by using advanced recruitment technologies.
Viewing & Applying:
In order to view the job opportunities all you need is a computer and internet access.
Do I need to register and set up a user profile if I want to apply to any current job opportunity using TalentNest?
Yes. Applicants applying online using TalentNest are required to create their personal and confidential user identification, password and user profile. However, you only have to register once, and from that point on, you only have to login to apply.
External postings are displayed on the site and do not require you to login. You will have to login if you wish to apply.
“How to” tools and techniques:
A list of step-by-step procedures is available online by accessing the User Guide on the TalentNest site.
Personal Data is your contact information required during the interview and hiring process (for example, your phone number and address).
Only one document can be uploaded with your application. Applicants are encouraged to cut and paste both a cover letter and a résumé into one file, which can then be uploaded and submitted with your job application.
You can upload/submit your cover letter and résumé in Word, ODT, Rich Text File (RTF), HTML or TXT formats. If you do not want to upload your résumé, you can copy and paste (or type) your cover letter and résumé into the text box provided and re-format accordingly avoiding the use of images and special characters.
When you apply online, you will receive an "on-screen" confirmation that you have applied and you will receive a confirmation via email acknowledging receipt of your application.
No. External applicants can only apply online. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at 416-393-4570.