Transit Operator (Drivers) Recruitment
It’s not only about the driving, it’s about the people
Toronto is a great city for people to live, work and play, and Toronto deserves a transit system it can be proud of. Our vision is to make that happen.
The Toronto Transit Commission is currently seeking dedicated customer focused individuals to join our team of Transit Operators. As a front-line employee, you will play a key role in our mission to make Toronto proud. Overall, successful candidates possess sound judgment; exercise safe driving behaviour and have a commitment to customer service excellence.
Some of the qualifications we are seeking include:
- Safety conscious driver.
- Prior frontline, face-to-face customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public.
- Experience with or ability to acquire knowledge of public disability accommodation and accessibility requirements.
- Be able to work a flexible work schedule that includes various shifts: nights, split shifts, weekends, holidays and with various off days.
- Must possess a non-probationary Ontario Driver’s Licence, Class “G” in good standing (see Driver Abstract Requirements below).
- Must possess a Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or the equivalent (see educational requirements below).
- Large commercial vehicle driving experience is considered an asset.
Apply for the Transit Operator position .