Rocket your way on TTC to Canada Day celebrations
June 29, 2011
No matter where you plan to celebrate Canada’s 144th birthday, the TTC is the better way to Canada Day fireworks and festivities on Friday, July 1:
- Ashbridge’s Bay Fireworks Display: Starts at 10 p.m. Take the 22A Coxwell, 92 Woodbine South or 501 Queen.
- Canada Day at Mel Lastman Square: Festivities start at 7 p.m., fireworks at 10:15 p.m. Exit at North York Centre Station, or take the 97 Yonge.
- Chinese Canadians Canada Day Parade: Starts at 2 p.m. at Metro Hall. Take the 504 King or 510 Spadina.
- East York Canada Day Parade/Festival: Starts at 9 a.m. Take the 87 Cosburn or 91 Woodbine.
- Highland Creek Canada Day Parade: Starts at 11 a.m. Take the 38 Highland Creek or 86 Scarborough.
- Milliken Park Fireworks: Starts at 10 p.m. Take the 53 Steeles East or 129 McCowan North.
- Ontario Place Canada Day Fireworks: Starts at 10:30 p.m. Take the 29 Dufferin, 509 Harbourfront or 511 Bathurst.
- Scarborough Canada Day Parade: Starts at 4 p.m. Exit at Scarborough Centre Station, or take the 95 York Mills.
- Queen’s Park Canada Day Festivities: Starts at 11 a.m. Exit at Queen’s Park Station, or take the 5 Avenue Rd, 94 Wellesley or 506 Carlton.
- Town of Markham Canada Day Parade: Parade at 4 p.m., fireworks at 10:30 p.m. Take the 129A McCowan North.
Enjoy the holiday weekend with a TTC Family/Group Pass. For $10 a day, a TTC Family/Group Pass provides unlimited one day travel for a group of up to six people, maximum two adults and not more than four children/youths 19 years of age or under. The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning.
Free commuter parking on weekends and holidays is available at 16 subway stations right across the system. Park your car and ride the subway. TTC customers can call 416-393-INFO (4636) or visit ttc.ca for more service information and a commuter lot listing.
You can also visit ttc.ca to plan your trip in advance using the TTC Trip Planner on the home page.
Happy 144th birthday, Canada!
View all articles from June
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.