News for September 2011
Early TTC subway closures on sections of the Bloor-Danforth line for track work
September 27, 2011
The Toronto Transit Commission will be conducting track work on sections of the Bloor-Danforth line until November, 2011
- TTC the better way to see Scotiabank Nuit Blanche
September 22, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission will be extending and adding extra service for Scotiabank Nuit Blanche
- TTC makes organizational change
September 19, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission began notifying affected non-unionized employees today that their positions at the TTC are being eliminated in an effort to help balance its 1012 operating budget.
- Early TTC subway closure between Islington and Kipling stations
September 19, 2011 - From September 19 to September 24, the TTC will conduct track work on the Bloor-Danforth line between Islington and Kipling stations.
- TTC weekend subway closure offers several alternatives for customers
September 16, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission is closing a portion of the Yonge subway line this weekend between Bloor and Eglinton stations
- TTC to close portion of Yonge subway line for weekend track work
September 12, 2011 - TTC to close portion of Yonge subway line for weekend track work
- TTC receives award for suicide prevention programs
September 9, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission is the 2011 recipient of the Arnold Devlin Community Service Award
- TTC appoints Chief Operating Officer
September 8, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced that Andy Byford will become the TTC’s first Chief Operating Officer
- Special TTC Commission meeting re-scheduled to Sept. 16
September 2, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission special meeting, originally scheduled on September 9, has been re-scheduled to Friday, September 16
- TTC begins disciplinary process against bus operator involved in fatal crash
September 1, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission began disciplinary proceedings against a TTC bus operator immediately following a fatal collision on Aug. 30.
- TTC marks its 90th anniversary, Sept. 1
September 1, 2011 - Today, Thursday, September 1, marks the 90th anniversary of the Toronto Transit Commission as a public service in the city of Toronto.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.