TTC extra service to the CNE - Veterans ride for free on Warriors' Day
August 14, 2013
The TTC will be running extra buses and streetcars on all routes heading to the Canadian National Exhibition. More service will be added on the following routes for the duration of the CNE, starting this Friday, Aug. 16.
From the Bloor-Danforth Subway
- 511 Bathurst: From Bathurst Station to Exhibition Loop, near Princes' Gate. Streetcars will be running every few minutes.
- 29 Dufferin: From Dufferin Station to Dufferin Gate. Buses will be running every few minutes.
- 193 Exhibition Rocket: From Dundas West Station to Dufferin Gate. Express buses will be running non-stop about every 10 minutes.
From the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway
- 509 Harbourfront: From Union Station to Exhibition Loop, near the Princes' Gate. Replacement buses will be running every few minutes.
- 521 King-Exhibition: The TTC is reintroducing a special streetcar route starting Aug. 20, running from King/Church to CNE Exhibition Loop, servicing King and St Andrew subway stations every 12-15 minutes from 9 am to 1:30 am until Sept. 2.
On Sat. Aug. 17 (the 92nd Annual Warriors' Day at the CNE) Canadian veterans of war and peacekeeping missions ride the TTC free of charge. Canadian war veterans and peacekeepers are required to show their service medals/ribbons to receive free access to TTC buses, streetcars, subway and the SRT. One companion will be allowed to ride for free as well.
Make your way to the CNE with a TTC Day Pass! Don't forget to take advantage of the TTC Day Pass, which is good on Saturday or Sunday or statutory holidays. For just $10.75 per day, a group of up to six people (maximum two adults over the age of 19) can enjoy unlimited travel all day. The pass is valid from the date shown on the pass until 5:30 a.m. the next day.
Free commuter parking on weekends and holidays is available at 13 subway stations across the system. Park your car and ride the subway.
TTC customers can call 416 393-INFO (4636), tweet @TTChelps or visit ttc.ca or more service information and a commuter lot listing.
View all articles from August
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.