TTC makes route changes to reduce crowding, improve reliability
March 27, 2014
The TTC is making many improvements to routes and services starting on Sun., Mar. 30. These changes are part of the TTC’s regular ongoing review of ridership, service levels, and route reliability.
These bus routes will be changed, to improve service and reduce crowding:
- 52 Lawrence West – Service from Pearson Airport and Dixon Rd will be extended from Lawrence West Station to Lawrence Station to provide more service to Yonge St., replacing the 58 Malton route.
- 59 Maple Leaf – Service along the Culford/Gulliver/Ingram/Sheffield routing south of Lawrence Ave. will be provided at all times by the 59 Maple Leaf route.
- 195 Jane Rocket – New 195 Jane Rocket limited stop express route will replace the 35E Jane express service. The fast new 195 Jane Rocket route will operate every 10 minutes from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday-Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, and from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- 79 Scarlett Rd – New service will be operated on the 79B “via St Clair” branch during the midday and early evening from Monday to Friday, and during the daytime on Saturday and Sunday.
These routes will have service increased to reduce crowding:
- Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) – Monday-Friday early evening, afternoon on Saturday and Sunday
- 7 Bathurst – Saturday afternoon
- 87 Cosburn – Saturday afternoon
- 108 Downsview – Monday-Friday afternoon peak period and early evening
- 111 East Mall – Sunday afternoon
- 199 Finch Rocket – Monday-Friday morning, midday and afternoon peak period
- 191 Highway 27 Rocket – Monday-Friday midday and early evening
- 43 Kennedy – Monday-Friday morning peak period
- 504 King – Monday-Friday morning and afternoon peak periods
- 47 Lansdowne – Sunday afternoon
- 129 McCowan North – Monday-Friday afternoon peak period
- 131 Nugget – Monday-Friday early evening
- 75 Sherbourne – Most times of the week
- 90 Vaughan – Saturday late evening
New later trips will be added on these routes to better connect with the last subway train:
- 43 Kennedy – Everyday
- 44 Kipling South – Monday-Saturday
- 84 Sheppard West – Everyday
- 168 Symington – Everyday
- 90 Vaughan – Monday-Saturday
View all articles from March
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.