News for December 2015
TTC service on 501 Queen streetcar set to improve
December 31, 2015
Starting Sun., Jan. 3, the TTC will be making significant changes to the 501 Queen streetcar route
- Buses to replace TTC streetcars heading to Exhibition Place
December 30, 2015 - The TTC will conduct track rehabilitation work at the Exhibition Place streetcar loop starting early next month
- TTC New Year’s Eve service free from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. courtesy of Corby Spirit and Wine
December 29, 2015 - For the third New Year’s Eve in a row, the TTC is providing Torontonians with free rides to and from their festivities, thanks to Corby Spirit and Wine
- Thirteenth new TTC streetcar enters service
December 24, 2015 - The TTC’s newest low-floor streetcar, car number 4414, entered service this morning on the 510 Spadina route
- Earlier TTC Sunday subway service starts Jan. 3
December 23, 2015 - TTC subway service will start at 8 a.m. on Sundays beginning Jan. 3
- TTC fare changes effective January 3, 2016
December 22, 2015 - The TTC is reminding customers that some TTC fares will increase on January 3.
- TTC to commemorate Metropasses in 2016
December 21, 2015 - As the TTC modernizes and begins its transition to the PRESTO fare card, 2016 will mark the last full year that Metropasses will be sold in their
- TTC holiday service schedule
December 18, 2015 - The TTC will be running on a modified schedule over the holidays, including providing free, extended New Year's Eve service, courtesy of Corby Spirit and Wine.
- TTC welcomes Santa and Mrs. Claus to the subway
December 11, 2015 - Santa Claus, accompanied by Mrs. Claus and TTC Chair Josh Colle, will visit various subway stations on Mon., Dec. 14
- Early closure of portion of TTC’s Line 1 to end Dec. 18
December 11, 2015 - Effective next Friday, Dec. 18, the nightly early closure on Line 1 between Eglinton and Finch stations will end
- TTC 504 King streetcar to divert this weekend
December 10, 2015 - This weekend, Dec. 12-13, the 504 King streetcar will travel along Queen St. between Spadina and Broadview Aves
- TTC Board to meet next Wednesday
December 9, 2015 - The TTC Board will hold its next meeting on Wed., Dec. 16
- Twelfth new TTC streetcar enters service
December 4, 2015 - The TTC's newest low-floor streetcar, car number 4413, is entering service this afternoon on the 509 Harbourfront route
- TTC and Toronto Fire Services to conduct training sessions
December 4, 2015 - The TTC and Toronto Fire Services are conducting emergency training sessions this month
- Wi-Fi expands to four more TTC subway stations
December 4, 2015 - The TTC and BAI Canada are pleased to announce that the free Wi-Fi service for TTC customers has been expanded to now include Sherbourne, Castle Frank, Bathurst and Christie subway stations.
- Parking restrictions this weekend for TTC Line 2 closure
December 4, 2015 - During this weekend’s Line 2 closure between St George and Keele stations, some parking will be restricted at key points on Bloor St. W.
- End of an era – TTC Orion V bus to make final journey
December 3, 2015 - This Friday morning (Dec. 4) marks the final run of the TTC’s Orion V bus type
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.