TTC service during the Christmas holiday period
December 19, 2018
Throughout the holidays, the TTC will run on modified schedules. Customers are advised to visit www.ttc.ca for the most up to date information.
Christmas Day - Tues., Dec. 25
- Regular Sunday service.
- Subway service and most routes start at 8 a.m.
Boxing Day - Wed., Dec. 26
- Subway, streetcar and bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Subway service starts at 6 a.m.
Thurs., Dec. 27, Fri., Dec. 28
- Regular weekday service with reduced peak period service on most routes.
- Subway service and most routes start at 6 a.m.
New Year’s Eve - Mon., Dec. 31
- Ride free from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Jan. 1 courtesy of Corby Spirit and Wine.
During these hours, PRESTO customers should not tap their cards when boarding a bus or streetcar, or entering a subway station. Anyone tapping accidentally will be refunded within approximately three business days.
New Year’s Eve subway service
- Line 1 Yonge-University: Last trains leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station.
Last train south from Finch Station to Union Station departs 3:05 a.m., and south from Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station to Union Station at 2:49 a.m.
The last northbound train on Line 1 will connect at Bloor-Yonge Station with the last eastbound and westbound trains on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth at 3:37 a.m., and at Sheppard-Yonge Station with the last eastbound train on Line 4 Sheppard at 3:58 a.m.
- Line 3 Scarborough: Last train leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
Bus and streetcar routes that usually run after midnight will be extended until 4 a.m.
New Year’s Eve surface route changes
- 501 Queen will divert both ways via King St., Spadina Ave. and Church St. after 5 p.m.
- 6 Bay bus will also divert in both directions after 5 p.m.
New Year’s Day - Tues., Jan. 1, 2019
- Regular Sunday service.
- Subway and most routes start at 8 a.m.
- Ride free until 7 a.m. Jan. 1 courtesy of Corby Spirit and Wine.
Regular TTC service will resume Wed., Jan. 2 at 6 a.m.
Group Day Passes
Weekend discounts will be extended for Group Day Passes over the holidays. From Sat., Dec. 22 to Sun., Jan. 6, customers can purchase a Group Day Pass for groups of up to six people, maximum two adults, for one day of unlimited travel on the TTC for just $12.50. Children 12 and under always ride for free.
For more information on the TTC’s holiday service schedule, visit the holiday feature on ttc.ca.
View all articles from December
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.