Current Connecting Toronto releases
Weekend closures essential to TTC reliability
July 21, 2017
Last weekend, TTC crews successfully replaced a stretch of worn out rail on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, between Jane and Ossington stations.
- New buses, streetcars, trains and signals all part of a modern TTC
July 14, 2017 - A key element of our ongoing modernization of the TTC is the progressive upgrading of our fleets to serve the third largest transit system in North America.
- King Street Pilot to ease congestion on busiest streetcar route
July 7, 2017 - This week City Council was asked to vote on the King Street Transit Pilot, a reworking of the central section of one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city between Bathurst and Jarvis Streets.
- TTC is #1 in North America!
June 30, 2017 - This week (June 26), I was delighted to announce that the TTC has won recognition from its industry peers for the work we have done over the past five years to modernize the TTC and to transform service.
- Planning TTC's future requires public and employee input
June 23, 2017 - With only six months left to go in 2017, the Five-Year Corporate Plan to modernize the TTC is rapidly drawing to its conclusion.
- TTC looking to expand express bus network
June 16, 2017 - This week (June 15), the TTC Board considered a report recommending the phased expansion of express bus routes over the next 10 years.
- Keeping the TTC safe and secure: if you see something, say something
June 9, 2017 - The recent terrible events in the U.K. provide a stark reminder that we must never lower our guard in terms of safety and security.
- TTC’s expertise sought from around the world
June 2, 2017 - Earlier this week, the TTC was one of seven transit agencies to participate in a questionnaire put together by our counterparts in New York City as they grapple with aging subway infrastructure and increasing ridership.
- TTC opens its doors to two new subway stations
May 26, 2017 - This Saturday only, the TTC will showcase two of its stunning new subway stations on the soon-to-be-opened Line 1 extension to York Region, our contribution to the ever-popular Doors Open Toronto event.
- King Street Pilot Study puts people and transit first
May 19, 2017 - This week saw the TTC and City of Toronto announce details of a year-long pilot on King St. — the King Street Pilot Study — that will provide greater priority to transit service, namely the 504 King and 514 Cherry streetcars.
- TTC, Bombardier focused on getting quality new streetcars to Toronto
May 12, 2017 - There has been much said recently about the difficulties faced by Bombardier in the manufacture and delivery of Toronto’s new streetcar fleet.