Current Connecting Toronto releases
PRESTO reliability up, new fare gates coming to all stations
August 11, 2017
The rollout of PRESTO across the TTC continues to make good progress.
- Federal money helps keep the TTC on modernization track
August 4, 2017 - Earlier this week (Aug. 1), I joined Toronto Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle at our Hillcrest operating base to witness progress on construction of a new streetcar facility that includes rail bending capabilities.
- Transparency: a hallmark of TTC accountability
July 28, 2017 - An underlying principle of our ongoing modernization of the TTC is to be transparent and accountable in the way we do business.
- Weekend closures essential to TTC reliability
July 21, 2017 - Last weekend, TTC crews successfully replaced a stretch of worn out rail on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, between Jane and Ossington stations.
- New buses, streetcars, trains and signals all part of a modern TTC
July 14, 2017 - A key element of our ongoing modernization of the TTC is the progressive upgrading of our fleets to serve the third largest transit system in North America.
- King Street Pilot to ease congestion on busiest streetcar route
July 7, 2017 - This week City Council was asked to vote on the King Street Transit Pilot, a reworking of the central section of one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city between Bathurst and Jarvis Streets.
- TTC is #1 in North America!
June 30, 2017 - This week (June 26), I was delighted to announce that the TTC has won recognition from its industry peers for the work we have done over the past five years to modernize the TTC and to transform service.
- Planning TTC's future requires public and employee input
June 23, 2017 - With only six months left to go in 2017, the Five-Year Corporate Plan to modernize the TTC is rapidly drawing to its conclusion.
- TTC looking to expand express bus network
June 16, 2017 - This week (June 15), the TTC Board considered a report recommending the phased expansion of express bus routes over the next 10 years.
- Keeping the TTC safe and secure: if you see something, say something
June 9, 2017 - The recent terrible events in the U.K. provide a stark reminder that we must never lower our guard in terms of safety and security.
- TTC’s expertise sought from around the world
June 2, 2017 - Earlier this week, the TTC was one of seven transit agencies to participate in a questionnaire put together by our counterparts in New York City as they grapple with aging subway infrastructure and increasing ridership.