Current Connecting Toronto releases
TTC annual accessibility forum this Tuesday
September 18, 2017
Next Tuesday (Sept. 19), the TTC will host its 10th Accessibility Forum in association with our colleagues from ACAT, the Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit.
- #ThisIsWhere … the TTC combats harassment
September 8, 2017 - This week (Sept. 6), the TTC launched a bold campaign and mobile app as part of its commitment to combat harassment in all its forms and enhance public safety while riding the TTC.
- Back-to-school means a busier TTC
September 1, 2017 - Summer days are drawing to a close and with that comes the annual return to work and school
- Final push for new fare gates, PRESTO at all TTC stations
August 25, 2017 - Starting this week, we will begin converting the remaining primary and automatic subway station entrances that still have turnstiles or “high gates” to the new, modern paddle-style gates that can already be seen over much of the TTC subway network.
- TTC Line 1 extension nears completion
August 18, 2017 - Earlier this week, I took TTC Chair Josh Colle on a tour of three of the new Line 1 subway extension stations that will open in December this year.
- PRESTO reliability up, new fare gates coming to all stations
August 11, 2017 - The rollout of PRESTO across the TTC continues to make good progress.
- Federal money helps keep the TTC on modernization track
August 4, 2017 - Earlier this week (Aug. 1), I joined Toronto Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle at our Hillcrest operating base to witness progress on construction of a new streetcar facility that includes rail bending capabilities.
- Transparency: a hallmark of TTC accountability
July 28, 2017 - An underlying principle of our ongoing modernization of the TTC is to be transparent and accountable in the way we do business.
- Weekend closures essential to TTC reliability
July 21, 2017 - Last weekend, TTC crews successfully replaced a stretch of worn out rail on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, between Jane and Ossington stations.
- New buses, streetcars, trains and signals all part of a modern TTC
July 14, 2017 - A key element of our ongoing modernization of the TTC is the progressive upgrading of our fleets to serve the third largest transit system in North America.
- King Street Pilot to ease congestion on busiest streetcar route
July 7, 2017 - This week City Council was asked to vote on the King Street Transit Pilot, a reworking of the central section of one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city between Bathurst and Jarvis Streets.