Current news releases
TTC Board meeting to start at 9:30 a.m.
March 26, 2015
A reminder that today’s Toronto Transit Commission board meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 100 Queen Street West.
- TTC to conduct track work at Spadina-College intersection
March 25, 2015 - The Toronto Transit Commission and the City of Toronto will be replacing streetcar tracks and switches, as well as improving the road and sidewalks at the intersection of Spadina Ave. and College St
- No service from Union to St Andrew stations on TTC’s Line 1 this weekend
March 25, 2015 - This weekend, on Sat., March 28 and Sun., March 29, there will be no subway service between Union and St Andrew stations
- TTC’s Line 1 has re-opened
March 24, 2015 - The Toronto Transit Commission has re-opened Line 1 in time for the afternoon rush-hour.
- TTC to update media about TTC's Line 1 closure
March 24, 2015 - CEO Andy Byford will update the media at 10 a.m. about the environmental spill at College Station, which has shut the Toronto Transit Commission's Line 1 between Bloor-Yonge and Union stations.
- TTC’s Line 1 closed Bloor to Union stations for morning rush hour
March 24, 2015 - The Toronto Transit Commission’s Line 1 remains closed between Bloor-Yonge and Union stations due to an environmental spill at College Station.
- Man sentenced to six months in jail for assault on a TTC operator
March 23, 2015 - A man has been sent to jail for six months for threatening a TTC operator as well as robbing a woman
- City of Toronto and TTC to unveil collaborative community murals
March 23, 2015 - City of Toronto and TTC to unveil collaborative community murals
- TTC’s Line 3 Scarborough undergoes vehicle and system overhaul
March 20, 2015 - The Toronto Transit Commission is embarking on an aggressive vehicle and rail overhaul maintenance plan to improve service reliability on Line 3 Scarborough over the next 10 years.
- Portion of TTC Line 1 closed this weekend
March 18, 2015 - There will be no subway service between St. George and Lawrence West stations this weekend – March 21 – 22
- TTC provides safety tips to kids from the Canadian Institute for the Blind
March 17, 2015 - On Tuesday, March 17, the Toronto Transit Commission will welcome kids from the Canadian Institute for the Blind (CNIB) for an introductory lesson on the safe use of public transit.
Elevator Alert: Dundas West Station, eastbound platform to concourse to bus level, out of service.
Last updated Mar 26, 7:09 PM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.