Current news releases
TTC holiday service schedule
December 19, 2014
The TTC’s holiday schedule is noted below. Customers can ride free New Year’s Eve courtesy of Corby Spirit and Wine
- Lawrence West Station becomes TTC’s 34th accessible station
December 18, 2014 - On Friday, December 19, the Lawrence West Station becomes the Toronto Transit Commission’s 34th subway station to become accessible
- TTC to accept debit/credit for fare purchases at all subway stations
December 16, 2014 - Toronto Mayor John Tory, Toronto Transit Commission Chair Josh Colle and TTC CEO Andy Byford, today announced that starting Jan. 1, 2015, TTC customers will be able to purchase fares at all collector booths
- TTC announces improved customer convenience
December 15, 2014 - TTC announces improved customer convenience
- TTC welcomes Santa and Mrs. Claus
December 11, 2014 - Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus will visit various subway stations on Friday, December 12
- All-door boarding Jan. 1 on 504 King streetcar
December 8, 2014 - Toronto Mayor John Tory and Toronto Transit Commission Chair Josh Colle today announced that proof-of-payment (POP) and all-door boarding on the 504 King streetcar will go into effect on Jan. 1
- TTC adds merchandise to its online store just in time for the holidays
December 5, 2014 - TTC is adding a suite of new merchandise for customers to purchase on-line or in person.
- TTC to divert Spadina streetcars south of King St. on Sunday only
December 4, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission will be performing curb modifications to the streetcar right-of-way on Spadina Ave. on Sun., Dec. 7
- New TTC Board appointed
December 3, 2014 - Toronto City Council today appointed seven City Councillors to sit on the Toronto Transit Commission's 11-member board.
- Portion of TTC Line 2 closed December 6-7
December 1, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission is closing a portion of Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) this weekend, Dec. 6 - 7
- Free TTC Wi-Fi expands to Union, King, Queen and Dundas stations
November 28, 2014 - Free Wi-Fi is now available at Union, King, Queen and Dundas subway stations.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.