Current news releases
TTC buses with PRESTO begin service
May 2, 2016
Nineteen TTC buses with PRESTO card readers went into service today, marking the start of PRESTO on buses in Toronto.
- TTC employees stand together on National Day of Mourning
April 28, 2016 - Today, Thursday, April 28, is National Day of Mourning.
- Portion of TTC Line 2 closing early Saturday evening
April 27, 2016 - This Saturday, April 30, the portion of Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) between St George and Pape stations will close at 11 p.m.
- TTC Board meets April 27 – agenda online
April 21, 2016 - The TTC Board will hold its next meeting on Wed., April 27, at Toronto City Hall.
- Signal and track work on Line 2 this weekend
April 20, 2016 - This weekend, April 23-24, crews will replace 1,350 ft. of rail on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth), requiring the portion of the subway line between Victoria Park and Kennedy stations to close.
- TTC 2015 Operating Statistics now available at ttc.ca
April 19, 2016 - The 2015 Operating Statistics are the annual compilation of key facts and figures about Toronto’s public transit system.
- PRESTO, new fare gates coming to St Clair Station
April 14, 2016 - St Clair Station is getting PRESTO and new accessible fare gates as part of the TTC’s transformation and modernization efforts around a more convenient fare payment system for its customers
- Signal and track work on Line 1 this weekend
April 13, 2016 - This weekend, April 16-17, TTC crews will conduct signal and track work on Line 1 (Yonge-University) between St George and Lawrence West stations
- Seventeenth new TTC streetcar enters service
April 11, 2016 - The TTC’s newest low-floor streetcar, car number 4418, entered service on the 510 Spadina route on Friday evening.
- TTC’s Line 2 closure this weekend extended one stop east to Bathurst Station
April 9, 2016 - The TTC has altered this weekend’s subway closure to extend from Jane Station to Bathurst Station.
- Rail and maintenance work on TTC's Line 2 this weekend
April 6, 2016 - This weekend, April 9-10, TTC crews will replace 1,600 ft. of rail on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth), requiring the portion of the subway line between Christie and Jane stations to close.
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.