Current news releases
TTC New Year's Eve service free after 7 p.m. thanks to Corby Spirit and Wine
December 9, 2013
On New Year's Eve, the Toronto Transit Commission will offer free, extended service from 7 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2013 to 7 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2014 thanks to a new, three-year partnership with Corby Spirit and Wine.
- TTC board meeting called to discuss contract related to Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension
December 5, 2013 - A meeting of the Toronto Transit Commission board has been called for December 6, 2013 at 2:30 p.m. to discuss Contract A31-1, a contract related to the construction of Pioneer Village Station (Steeles West) that is under construction along the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension.
- TTC subway service suspended Union to St Andrew stations Dec. 7-8
December 4, 2013 - Ongoing, scheduled construction for the second platform at Union Station means no subway service between Union and St Andrew stations on Sat., Dec. 7 and Sun., Dec. 8.
- TTC to close portion of Bloor-Danforth subway for weekend track work
November 27, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission will be conducting track work on a portion of the Bloor-Danforth line on Sat., Nov. 30 and Sun., Dec. 1.
- TTC streetcars return to Bathurst St.
November 22, 2013 - On Sun., Nov. 24, TTC streetcars will return to the 511 Bathurst route
- Wheel-Trans Public Consultation Meetings
November 21, 2013 - Wheel-Trans Public Consultation Meetings
- Subway service restricted this weekend for second platform construction at Union Station
November 21, 2013 - Construction for the second platform at Union Station will result in no subway service between Union and St Andrew stations
- TTC Board approves 2014 budgets
November 20, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission board approved the TTC’s 2014 operating and Wheel-Trans budgets, and its 2014-2023 ten-year capital budget, as well as a five-cent fare increase effective Jan. 1, 2014 to the cost of a token. The Board also increased the cost of the adult Metropass by one trip. Cash fares remain unchanged.
- TTC Harvey Shop open house to benefit the United Way
November 19, 2013 - We are holding an open house at our historic Harvey Shop facility on Saturday, November 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. All proceeds from the open house will go to the United Way. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for children.
- Board meeting resumes November 20th at TTC head office
November 19, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission board meeting agenda of November 18 will be completed at a public meeting on November 20 at 1:00 p.m. at the TTC’s head office.
- TTC Stuff-the-Buses to collect new, unwrapped toys
November 18, 2013 - On Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1, TTC employees will be holding the annual Stuff-the-Bus Toy Drive