Bathurst Station - bus roadway closure and temporary bus replacement
September 7 to end of 2018
Work description and purpose
TTC will be rehabilitating the bus roadway at Bathurst Station to maintain a state of good repair. To safely and efficiently complete the work, the bus roadway is scheduled to be closed from September 7, 2018 to mid-November for the first phase of construction. Other improvements including lighting upgrades and repaving sections of the sidewalk in front of Bathurst Station will continue until end of 2018.
Customers will board and exit buses on the streetcar platform at the station during the bus loop closure. For articulated TTC buses to safely negotiate the streetcar platform area, a section of the existing ornamental fencing outside of the station will be temporarily removed. Additionally, some concrete barriers will be placed at the streetcar platform for customer safety. The ornamental fencing will be reinstated after the bus loop is reopened.
Noise and dust
Noise should be expected during breaking and removal of the old concrete. To maintain customer safety and reduce dust from spreading, protective fencing/hoarding will be installed along bus platform and areas of the bus roadway. Other dust mitigation efforts will also be in place.
Crews will install the protective fencing/hoarding as well as some concrete barriers beginning at 2 a.m. on September 7, 2018. While some noise will be unavoidable during this activity, efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum. Similarly, the barriers and fencing will be removed overnight prior to the bus loop reopening in mid-November.
Work will take place on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., with some work on weekends between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Once the bus loop is reopened in mid-November, some work will take place outside of operating hours.
TTC service changes511 Bathurst route
- Starting September 2, 2018, streetcar service will be temporarily replaced with a bus service.
- Starting September 7, 2018 when the bus loop is scheduled to be closed, customers will board and exit the buses at the streetcar platform.
- Wheel-Trans customers will board and exit on Bathurst Street in front of the station at a temporary bus stop. An accessible path to the streetcar platform from Bathurst Station will be maintained during construction.
Signage will be posted to help direct customers.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit infrastructure in Toronto.
- Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; email@example.com
- Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service