Bathurst Street - track replacement between Dundas and Wolseley
Scheduled from September 21 to late October 2020
What we are doing and why
- The City of Toronto and TTC are undertaking two track renewal projects on Bathurst Street. Starting September 21, 2020 - Rail replacement on Bathurst Street between Wolseley Street and Dundas Street. Bathurst will be closed to all southbound traffic at Dundas Street. On-street parking will be restricted on Bathurst Street. Northbound traffic will be maintained in one lane.
- Currently underway - Bathurst Street Bridge rehabilitation work south of Front Street. TTC rail installation for this City infrastructure project is scheduled to start on October 20.
Note: A City/TTC Construction Update notice will also be issued to the community with additional details about the various projects on Bathurst Street.
TTC material and trailer location
Rail related materials will be stored inside the TTC’s Wolseley Loop located at Bathurst Street and Wolseley Street.
Work hours - Some night activity
Around-the-clock work by TTC is required during periods of new rail installation to preserve the integrity and quality of new rail and concrete. The overnight rail work by TTC may consist of moving rail into position, rail installation/assembly and rail welding / grinding.
TTC service – 511 / 307 Bathurst routes
- 511/307 Bathurst buses are currently diverting around the Bathurst Bridge closure both ways via: Front Street, Spadina Avenue and Fort York Boulevard.
- Starting September 21 and continuing for the duration of the track work between Dundas Street and Queen Street, southbound 511/307 Bathurst buses will also divert via: Dundas Street, Spadina Avenue, and Queen Street. Northbound Bathurst buses will be maintained north of Queen Street, transitioning into the southbound curb lane. Buses will not serve transit stops between Queen Street and Dundas Street.
Rail relocation for Bathurst Street Bridge project
- Over the course of a few nights near the end of the track work between Wolseley and Dundas, TTC night crews will move/pull some rail strings currently stored on Bathurst Street south of Dundas Street to an area closer to the Bathurst Street Bridge where they will be installed.
- In order to move the rail strings safely and efficiently, the rails are moved overnight with a Toronto police escort. Some noise can be expected during this night activity.
Thank you for your patience as we renew the rail infrastructure along these sections of Bathurst Street.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison Officer, 647-468-4183, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service