Bathurst Station Markham Street exit - urgent watermain repairs
March 29 to April 21, 2017
Work description and purpose
TTC began work in front of the Markham Street Exit at Bathurst Station on March 29 to repair a section of underground watermain that delivers water to the station. This work will require temporary sidewalk restrictions on Markham Street. At this point in time, we do not expect to have any restrictions on the roadway. Access to this station entrance/exit will be maintained during the work.
Crews will excavate an area of the east sidewalk to expose a portion of the watermain. All work material as well as excavated soil will be kept within the designated work zone, which will include a portion of the sidewalk.
- Complications with locating the watermain break during excavation and the soil conditions require us to revise the completion date for this repair work from April 6 to April 21.
- The work area will remain on the sidewalk, but will be expanded to the north and south of the current excavation in order to locate the break. Access to this station entrance/exit will be maintained during the work.
Pedestrians, traffic and parking
- The station entrance will be open during subway service hours.
- The east sidewalk will be maintained for pedestrians as best as possible. However, the sidewalk may need to be closed if further excavation is necessary to locate the damaged section of watermain.
- Traffic on Markham Street will be maintained both ways through the work zone. If excavation extends onto the roadway traffic will be managed with a flag person.
- Parking on Markham Street is not expected to be affected, unless excavation extends onto the roadway, requiring a temporary restriction in order to maintain a better flow of traffic.
- The work zone will remain in place until the repairs and sidewalk restoration are complete.
Work will generally take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on weekdays.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison; email@example.com, 416-393-2197.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service