Bathurst Station - Roof rehabilitation
June 20 to Winter 2016
Work description and purpose
Beginning on Monday, June 20, the TTC will start roofing work at two locations – Bathurst Station and at the station entrance/exit on Markham Street. During this project, the station will remain open and service will be maintained. Some areas of the passenger platform will be barricaded to ensure customer safety.
While the majority of the work will be conducted during the day, some overnight will be required for safety when conducting activities on the roofs’ edge, including:
- installing and removing guard rails with hand tools at the beginning and end of the project
- removing and installing new roof flashings
- deliveries of material onto the roof
A mobile crane parked on the streetcar allowance will be used to access the main roof during these overnight periods after service ends.
Noise will be kept to a minimum as best as possible.
Odour and Dust
Liquefied asphalt and heating kettles will be used on this project. A non-hazardous odour will be apparent when the new roofing layer and liquefied asphalt is placed. Dust will be controlled as much as possible.
Work will typically take place during regular daytime hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Some overnight work will also be required to ensure safety and to minimize disruption to service.
- The streetcar loop at the station may be closed at times to complete adjacent roofing work.
- Buses will be relocated to different bus bays throughout the project, as required.
- Signs and customer service staff will be available to assist customers.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601, email@example.com.
Elevator Alert: North York Centre Station, southbound platform to concourse, out of service until mid-March due to Presto installation.
Last updated Jan 23, 7:40 AM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service