Chester Station (Arundel Avenue at Green P lot) - subway ventilation shaft repairs
Starting the week of June 18 for four to six weeks
Work description and purpose
Starting the week of June 18, TTC will begin state of good repair to the subway ventilation shaft situated adjacent to the west sidewalk on Arundel Avenue at the Green P parking lot. This work is scheduled to take approximately four weeks to complete, weather permitting. All work will occur on the west side of Arundel Avenue.
Sidewalk and traffic restrictions
- The west sidewalk will be closed for the duration of the work to secure a sufficient work zone for the crew. A pedestrian pathway will be provided around the work zone. Pedestrians can also use the east sidewalk.
- Traffic will be maintained on Arundel Avenue.
- The Green P lot:
- The south entrance at Arundel Avenue will be blocked as part of the work zone.
- The north exit at Arundel Avenue will remain open. Motorists can enter from Chester Avenue.
- The existing planter will not be affected by the work.
- Replacement of the metal grate.
- Rehabilitation of the concrete and steel beam support structure, requiring the removal of the top 0.6 metres (2 feet) of concrete along the shaft perimeter.
- Restoring the surface area surrounding the vent after repairs are completed.
A concrete saw-cutter, hand-held power chipping tools, a generator, scaffolding, a small crane, and concrete truck as required.
To help expedite completion, work will be scheduled from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays. Occasionally, the TTC crew will work on Saturdays.
A safe work zone will be set-up at street level on the first day, starting at approximately 6 a.m. when traffic volume on Arundel Avenue is lower. Similarly, the work zone will be removed early in the morning after completion of the project.
The loudest noise on the project will occur during the first week of work involving concrete saw-cutting.
Subway service will not be affected by this work.
Thank you for your patience during this essential infrastructure repair work.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532; email@example.com.
Victoria Park: Elevator out of service between overpass, Victoria Park Ave entrance and concourse.
Last updated Jul 3, 6:39 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service