Fort Rouille Street near Dufferin Gate Loop - essential concrete repairs
Week of April 17, 2017
Work description and purpose
Starting April 17 (weather permitting), TTC will be conducting essential concrete repairs to the curved section of streetcar track on Fort Rouille Street entering the loop. This work will require some temporary transit changes.
After completion of the work, the area will return to a state of good repair for all road users.
In the event of inclement weather or any unforeseen circumstances, the work will be rescheduled.
Local traffic on Fort Rouille Street will be maintained through the work zone. Crews will make an effort to minimize any delays to traffic. Access to private driveways will also be maintained.
Work hours and timeline
- Monday: At approximately 8 a.m., the work zone will be established and old concrete will be removed with a backhoe between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Tuesday: Concrete removal continues between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Wednesday: New concrete will be placed in the track area and set to cure. The newly placed concrete requires curing time (approximately 5 a.m. Friday) before the work zone is cleared for the resumption of full road use and transit service.
TTC service changes
- 29/329 Dufferin buses: During this work, buses will not enter Dufferin Gate Loop and will turn back inside CNE Grounds. Temporary bus stops will be placed on Dufferin Street in front of the Loop for both northbound and southbound buses.
- 514 Cherry streetcars: Streetcar service will be maintained through the work zone during concrete removal. From 10 a.m. on April 19 and 5 a.m. on April 21, streetcars will not operate on Dufferin Street south of King Street, diverting via west on King Street, north on Dufferin Street, east on Queen Street, south on Shaw Street to regular eastbound routing. Customers can board 514 streetcars at King and Dufferin.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-2197; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service