Dundas Street east of River Street - essential concrete repairs
Week of April 23, 2018
Work description and purpose
Starting as early as April 23, TTC will be conducting concrete repairs to a section of streetcar track allowance on Dundas Street, east of River Street. The work is required to return the area to a state of good repair for all road users.
Work will require concrete breaking/chipping and placing new concrete.
Traffic and pedestrian restrictions
- Crews will occupy the streetcar track allowance (centre lane) to conduct the repairs.
- Traffic will be maintained in both directions through the work area.
- Some parking and turning restrictions will be required to create a safe work zone for the crew.
Work hours and timeline
- The work zone will be established around 5 a.m. on the first day of work activity and will be in place until completion. Lanes are scheduled to open at or before 5 a.m. on April 27.
- Activities will include milling/breaking old concrete and placing new concrete. The majority of removal will be done between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Some overnight work may be necessary. Concrete will be placed afterwards and left to cure overnight.
- Lane restrictions through the work area will remain in place for approximately 24 hours after new concrete is placed to allow it to cure before vehicle traffic is allowed to travel over the repaired area.
TTC service changes
Thank you for your patience during this essential concrete repair.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-2197; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service