Dupont Station Easier Access Project
Lane Reductions from March 2016 to the end of 2018
As part of TTC’s commitment to provide accessible transit, work is underway at the Dupont and Spadina intersection to install new elevators that will make Dupont Station accessible to all customers. Preparation work began in fall 2015 to relocate underground utilities.
Dupont Station is expected to be accessible by the end of 2018 and traffic lanes in the area will be reduced for approximately two years. This longer-term work will include the following station improvements:
- Three elevators to access all levels of the station
- Accessible fare gates
- Barrier-free path to the subway platform
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras
Construction Work Details:
- Elevator 2 (E2) construction work will begin as early as mid-March 2016 and traffic lanes will be reduced within the intersection of Dupont and Spadina for approximately one year. This work includes the excavation of the elevator shaft for Elevator 2 within the City right of way (at the northwest corner of the Spadina and Dupont intersection).
- When E2 construction is complete, Elevator 1 (E1) & Elevator 3 (E3) construction work will begin (on the southeast side of the intersection within the City right of way). Traffic lanes will be reduced for approximately one year until the end of 2018.
Traffic & Pedestrian Details:
- Turning restrictions at the intersection of Spadina and Dupont will be in place
- A minimum of one lane in each direction will be maintained
- TTC bus service in all directions will be maintained
- Pedestrian access will be maintained - safe detours and signage will be in place
- Access to the subway entrance at the northwest corner of Dupont and Spadina will be maintained, with detours as required
- Parking within construction zone will be reduced
- For safety reasons, bicycle parking will be removed
Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
Noise and Vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum.
26 Dupont and 127 Davenport service will be maintained through the intersection during the work. Bus stops will be relocated to a nearby location, as required.
- Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, email@example.com
- Customer Service: 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps
- TTY Line: 416-481-2523 (daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays).
- Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service