Lansdowne Station - switchboard upgrade overnight work at Emerson Avenue entrance
May 1 to December, 2018
The TTC will be installing elevators to make Lansdowne Station accessible in 2019. In preparation for the future work, Lansdowne Station will be equipped with a new switchboard system. Work will take place beside the Emerson Avenue Automatic Entrance.
Work and noise details
- Work to replace the roof of the vault and to upgrade the switchboard is required.
- Crews, trucks and equipment will be on site throughout the project.
- Toronto Hydro crews will be on site to perform power upgrade work.
- Generators will be delivered to the area in front of the entrance in case of emergency. These generators will be on site until this phase of the project is completed.
- Emerson Avenue Automatic Entrance will remain open for customer use throughout construction.
Emerson Community Garden
Work will take place close to the garden. Crews will need to access this area; any vegetation affected during this work will be removed and restored. Trees will be protected.
For safety, some work and the initial set-up and removal of the access area will occur overnight through the entrance doors at the station.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service