Queen Street West from Dufferin to Gladstone - overhead wire maintenance
July 27 to 30 - nightly work
What we are doing and why
Weather permitting, the TTC will undertake nightly maintenance work on the overhead streetcar contact wire on Queen Street West between Dufferin Street and Gladstone Avenue July 27-30 from 10:30 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. This will require temporary changes to the 501/301 Queen streetcar service.
Traffic and parking restrictions
- Police will manage traffic movement through the intersections/work zone. Reflective orange traffic cones will be used at the work zone.
- Traffic will be reduced to the curb lane in each direction through the work zone nightly from 10:30 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. for the duration of the work.
- The location of the work zone may inhibit left turns.
Work hours and timeline
- At 10:30 p.m. nightly the overhead crew will begin setting up the work zone along Queen Street West. Crews will begin removing the wire after the overhead power has been isolated.
- Overhead wire installation work of this nature is generally not very noisy, but some noise will be unavoidable. Nearby residents may hear the backup beeping noise from the trucks.
- Work trucks and a wire wagon will be used to complete this work in order to help facilitate physical distancing between members of the work crew.
TTC service (nightly 10:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. on July 27-30)
501/301 Queen route
- Streetcars will divert both ways via Shaw Street and King Street West to regular route.
- Replacement buses will operate on Queen Street West between the Sunnyside Loop at The Queensway and Roncesvalles and the Wolseley Loop at Queen and Bathurst.
- Regular streetcar service on Queen Street will resume at the start of service each day.
Thank you for your understanding as the TTC undertakes this important maintenance work.
For further information:
Arno van Dijk, Construction Liaison Officer, 416-434-0759, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service