Queen Street East - essential rail and concrete repairs
Rescheduled date: November 17 to 19, 2018
This work was originally scheduled for the weekend of October 27/28 but was rescheduled due to weather.
From Saturday, November 17 to Monday, November 19, TTC crews will conduct several essential rail and concrete repairs on Queen Street East between Leslie Street and Morse Street.
Work activities will be contained within the track area and will include minor breaking and removal of concrete to expose the rail, replacing existing rail with new rail, and placement of new concrete.
*Fall weather conditions can delay the start of planned local rail/concrete repairs. In such instances, the work is rescheduled for the next best available date.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zones for the duration of the work.
- On-street parking will be restricted through the area to create safe work zones for the crew.
- The location and length of the work zones may prohibit left turns.
- The lane restrictions and work zones will be cleared by Monday morning around 5 a.m. after the newly placed concrete has cured adequately for road traffic.
Work hours and timeline
- Rail work of this nature is required around-the-clock to ensure quality installation of new rail and concrete. While the majority of the excavation will be done between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., overnight activity will occur.
- On Saturday at 3 a.m. the track crew will begin setting up the work zones. At 8 a.m., localized excavation and concrete chipping will start to expose the rail / concrete to be replaced. Work will continue into the next morning.
- Old rail will be replaced with the new rail, which will involve some cutting and welding/grinding.
- Concrete will be placed in the track areas and set to cure on Sunday. The newly placed concrete requires curing time before the work zones are removed for the resumption of full road use on Monday, November 19.
TTC Service Changes
Route diverting November 17 to November 19, 2018
Last updated November 9 2018, 10:51 AM
Thank you for your patience during these essential rail and concrete repairs.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service