Queens Quay Station - watermain repair
12:01 a.m. October 12 to 12:01 a.m. October 23
What we are doing and why
Starting at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, October 12, TTC work crews will begin setting up a work zone to repair a watermain at Queens Quay Station, located on Bay Street just north of Queens Quay. Crews will excavate an area of the curb lane on the east side of Bay Street to expose the damaged portion of the watermain.
All work material, as well as excavated soil, will be kept within the designated work zone. Once repairs are completed, the excavated area will be backfilled and new asphalt will be laid down. Work hours will generally be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. TTC service will not be impacted by this work.
Traffic and parking restrictions
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane northbound and two lanes southbound
- Due to the construction work, parking and loading zones will be effected on Bay Street between Queens Quay West and Harbour Street
- The lane restrictions and work zone will be cleared by 12:01 a.m. on October 23, or sooner, after the newly laid asphalt has set adequately for road traffic.
- Queens Quay Station will remain open and accessible to pedestrians throughout this work
- The sidewalk on both sides of Bay Street will remain open and accessible for pedestrians, however the east sidewalk may need to be closed if further excavation is necessary to locate the damaged section of the water main.
Thank you for your patience as we make these important repairs.
For further information:
Arno van Dijk, Construction Liaison Officer, 416-434-0759, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service