Line 2 East Extension - utility relocation work on Danforth Road at Eglinton Avenue East
January 7 to February 28, 2019
Beginning the week of January 7, 2019 crews will be relocating some natural gas lines to make way for the future subway Line 2 East Extension. The work area will be located on Danforth Road from Eglinton Avenue East to north of No Frills Lane.
- Enbridge Gas Distribution (Enbridge) will be relocating some natural gas lines around the intersection of Danforth Road and Eglinton Avenue East.
- Work at this location is expected to begin the week of January 7, 2019 and be completed by February 28, 2019.
- Some work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday.
What to expect
- Short term lane closures may be required in order to facilitate the work.
- Driveways will remain open to businesses and residents.
- Pedestrian walkways will remain open. Please watch for additional signs directing pedestrians, as detours may be required.
Traffic and Transit impacts
- Traffic delays may be expected during construction.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Gas relocation work area
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Christina Joseph, Community Liaison Officer, 416-590-6753, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Information: scarboroughsubwayextension.ca
For more information about this gas line relocation work, please contact Enbridge at 416-495-4809 or email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service