Spadina Avenue at Dundas Street - transit shelter replacement
November 11 to 16, 2018 - overnight work 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly
Starting at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 11, TTC will be replacing/upgrading the transit shelters on the southbound and northbound streetcar stops on Spadina Avenue at Dundas Street.
Work hours and timeline
- Work is scheduled to be conducted over a one week period from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. when passenger volume is lower.
- Removal of the existing southbound transit shelter will begin at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 11.
- On Monday, November 12, crews will install the new southbound shelter, and remove the northbound shelter in preparation for new installation on the next night shift.
- Hand-held power tools will be used for this work. While efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum, some noise will be unavoidable when certain equipment is in operation.
Traffic - (10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly)
- Traffic on Spadina Avenue will be reduced to one lane through each work zone.
- All turns at the Spadina/Dundas intersection will be maintained.
- Existing boulevard parking near the intersection will not be affected.
TTC service - (10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly)
- 510/310 Spadina streetcars will not stop to serve Dundas Street during active work at the stop(s).
- Customers can use the Nassau Street stop north of Dundas Street, and the Sullivan Street stop south of Dundas Street.
- During the daytime, the southbound and northbound transit stops will remain in service. A short section of the platform may be closed-off for safety.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service