St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project - traffic lanes reduced and north side pedestrian crossing closed at Dundas and University
April 1 until the end of 2017
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make subway stations accessible to everyone.
Preparatory construction at St. Patrick Station began in mid-February. Starting April 1 (tentative), construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least two years for the elevator construction.
Date: April 1 (tentative) to the end of 2017
Traffic and pedestrian details
- Walkways will remain open; however, pedestrians will be required to cross University Avenue on the south side of the University/Dundas intersection.
- The north side crossing and centre island will be closed.
- The pedestrian crossing between the islands will also be closed in order to complete construction safely.
Work hoursWork will generally take place from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Through-traffic, TTC streetcar and subway service will be maintained at the intersection with some lane reductions on University Avenue.
- The 142 Downtown/Avenue Rd Express bus shelter will be temporarily removed and the stops will be relocated.
Noise and vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no major disruptions at this time.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service