St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project
Construction ongoing until the end of 2018
St Patrick Station Easier Access Project Update
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make subway stations accessible to everyone. The TTC is working towards its goal of making St Patrick Station accessible.
The overall project includes:
- Barrier free path to all levels of the station
- New accessible entrance and elevators to access the street, concourse and platform levels
- Accessible fare gates
- Improved signage
- Additional security cameras (along the accessible pathway)
Construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least 2 years for the elevator construction.
*Content/timelines accurate of time of posting
St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project –traffic lanes are reduced on University Avenue for Elevator 1 (E1) construction
Traffic Details (until end of 2018)
- Construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least two years for the elevator construction.
St Patrick Station stairwell entrance on the north-west corner is closed and traffic lanes are reduced on University Avenue for street level elevator 2 (E2) construction
TTC is coordinating with the 480 University Avenue developer to construct a new accessible entrance and elevator (E2) from street level to concourse level. Work is ongoing on the north-west corner stairwell entrance (at 480 University Avenue) for the street level elevator (E2) construction. The developer is building an accessible street-level entrance and connection to the subway. This construction work is required to connect the street level elevator (E2) to the TTC Subway station via a concourse level pathway.
In order to accommodate the developer’s work, the St Patrick Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street will be closed and some traffic lane reductions on University Avenue are required.
Traffic details (until Spring 2018)
A traffic lane reduction is required on University Avenue on the north east corner of the intersection.
- Additional nightly and weekend traffic lane closures may be required to accommodate the developer’s work. The southbound University Avenue lane will be reduced to one lane only during these times.
- Through-traffic will be maintained on Dundas Street West through the intersection.
TTC entrances and pedestrian details
- The St Patrick Subway Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street (near the 480 University Avenue building) is closed for the duration of this work.
- Please use other available TTC entrances to access the station (entrances are available on the north-east and, south-west, south-east corners of the intersection).
- The sidewalk on the northwest corner of the intersection will be reduced, but will remain open for pedestrian use.
- Walkways will remain open; however, pedestrians will be required to cross University Avenue on the south side of the University/Dundas intersection until Spring 2018.
- The north side crossing and centre island will be closed until Spring 2018.
- The pedestrian crossing between the islands will also be closed in order to complete construction safely until Spring 2018.
- The bus shelter in front of 480 University Avenue that serves the 142 Downtown/Avenue Road Express bus and will be removed for the duration of the developer’s construction and will be reinstated after the work is completed. The bus stop will be relocated to a nearby location.
Noise and vibration
- Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
For construction inquires, please contact the 480 University Avenue developer:
- Core Architects
- Telephone: 416-343-0400
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service: 416-393-3030 (daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps
TTY Line: 416-481-2523 (daily 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed holidays).
Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca.
TTC wide route/schedule information: 416-393-INFO (4636) or ttc.ca
Elevator Alert: Kennedy Station, subway platform to concourse level, out of service until January 2018 due to construction
Last updated Dec 11, 3:08 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service