Wellesley Station - construction improvements
Second exits/entrances and Easier Access project update
Second exits/entrances update (ongoing):
Wellesley Station will be getting two second exits/automatic entrances to improve customer safety and convenience. TTC is coordinating with local developers to build integrated second exits and automatic entrances within the new condominium developments at 17 Dundonald Street and at 587 Yonge Street. The underground tunnel connection (located underneath Dundonald Street connecting the second exits to Wellesley Station) was completed by TTC in Fall 2016. The completion date and official opening of these second entrances/exits is dependent on the condominium construction. Closer to this time, TTC construction crews will install the PRESTO fare line equipment, other electrical/communication systems and the station finishes.
Easier Access project update (new):
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make all subway stations accessible. Construction will begin in 2018 to make Wellesley Station accessible in late 2020.
- Elevator construction will begin in the bus loop in early 2018.
- In Spring, the bus loop will be closed for approximately eight months to safely complete new elevator shaft construction.
When the bus loop is closed:
- TTC riders will board westbound 94 Wellesley buses (to Queen’s Park and to Ossington Station) on the north side of Wellesley Street outside of the main station entrance.
- For safety reasons, TTC riders will cross Wellesley Street at the traffic signals at the Yonge Street intersection to the south side of Wellesley Street to board eastbound 94 Wellesley buses to Castle Frank Station.
- During construction, cyclists will share the westbound curb lane with buses only and will not have to merge with regular traffic.
- The 94B Wellesley buses will continue past Wellesley Station westbound and will turn northwards on Queens Park Crescent and loop counter-clockwise before turning back eastbound onto Wellesley Street. During construction round trip will take approximately 10 additional minutes.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service