Wilson Station - elevator construction
Starting as early as November 7, 2018
Work description and purpose
Starting as early as November 7, work will commence at Wilson station to construct: three new elevators to access north and south bound platform, concourse level and bus platforms; automatic sliding station doors as per the diagram below; improved signage; CCTV security cameras along the accessible pathway; new accessible washroom on the concourse level; and a public art installation. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2020.
What to expect and work hours
- Construction will start as early as Wednesday, November 7.
- No bus or subway services will be impacted during any stage of construction.
- Washrooms in the concourse level will temporarily closed for renovations.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
- The majority of work will take place between Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some overnight and weekend work will be required during the course of this project in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
Pedestrian, Bicycle and Vehicular Access
- The entrance on the north side of Wilson Avenue west of Allen Road will be temporarily closed for renovations.
- All parking spaces will be maintained through construction.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit safety and accessibility at Wilson Station.
For further information:
Mitch Underhay, Construction Liaison, 416-393-3792; firstname.lastname@example.org.
160 Bathurst North: Detour northbound via Faywood Blvd and Invermay Ave due to construction.
Last updated 2:55 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service