Sketching the line
TTC and Pattison Outdoor Advertising are now accepting submissions for Sketching the Line 2017, a public exhibition showcasing the work of artists who capture transit commuter moments in the form of drawings.
To submit sketches for a chance to participate in the 2017 exhibition, all drawings must meet the following requirements:
- Drawings must have been created while on public transit in the Toronto/GTA area.
- Colour and/or black-and-white drawings are acceptable.
- Five (5) samples of work are to be submitted in the form of a website link and/or file sharing links. DO NOT include images of your work in the body of an email.
- Media may include graphite, pen, ink, pencil, pastel, charcoal, watercolour, pastel, acrylic, and oil. Excluded mediums include photography, digital photography and digital art.
- All artist styles are welcome.
- Subject matter must include the diversity of the city.
- Include a short bio and the location(s) in which the drawings were created.
- While there are no image formatting restrictions, horizontal is strongly preferred.
- Include ‘Sketching the Line 2017′ in the subject of your email when submitting links to your work.
- Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2017.
- Submit to email@example.com
Exhibition schedule (dates subject to change):
- January 10, 2017 - Submissions Open
- February 28, 2017 - Deadline for Submissions
- March, 2017 - Exhibition will be juried by a panel of TTC and PATTISON employees
- April, 2017 - Participating Artists Contacted
- Spring, 2017 - Exhibition begins on TTC
Sketching the Line has been extremely popular and well received in the past, as it has brought a range of compelling artistic voices to transit commuters. PATTISON Outdoor and the TTC are excited to once again explore the creative process of artists as they capture moments with distinct artistic styles. To explore more about Sketching the Line and Art in Transit, please visit www.artintransit.ca .