Castle Frank Station
The TTC's Easier Access Program is making subway stations accessible. Construction at Castle Frank Station is projected to begin summer 2021 and be completed by 2024.
Cross section image of station elevators
This work will include:
- Two new elevators, one to each passenger platform
- Improved signage
- CCTV - security cameras along the accessible pathway
- Accessible sliding doors at the main entrance
What to expect:
The first major phase of work will include shoring and excavation activities for the new elevator shafts, located near the existing station entrance. No trees are planned to be removed.
Traffic, pedestrian and cyclist details
- Some lane restrictions will be required for approximately one year during phases of elevator construction to safely complete the work:
- the westbound curb lane on Bloor Street near the station will be restricted
- the southbound curb lane on Castle Frank Road near the station will be restricted
- The north sidewalk will be closed for approximately one year. Pedestrians will be required to cross to the south sidewalk at Parliament Street and Castle Frank Road.
- The westbound cyclist lane will be maintained with a slight diversion.
Work will take place Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some work on weekends between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. may be required to expedite the project.
Access to the station, bus and subway service will be maintained throughout construction.
Further details on TTC’s Easier Access Program and how we are making transit more accessible can be found here.
For further information: