Easier Access Program
For the latest construction updates, see our construction notices page.
Please see the Open House Presentation of the Easier Access plans for Runnymede and Keele stations.
Cross Section Image of Station Elevators
The TTC’s Easier Access Program is making subway stations accessible. The TTC is currently working on Keele Station accessibility. Construction began in August 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2021.
This work will include:
- Barrier-free path from the main entrance to all levels of the station including installation of:
- Two elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- PRESTO-enabled accessible fare gates (already installed)
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
For further information:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.
Senior Community Liaison
Toronto Transit Commission