TTC Open House for Islington Station Improvements Project
April 21, 2008
The TTC will soon begin a 3-year construction project which will see significant improvements to the TTC's Islington Station. The public is invited to attend an Open House tomorrow, Tuesday, April 22, to learn more about the project.
Key improvements will include:
* Elevators and easier access fare gate to provide full accessibility to all levels of the station.
* A new fully accessible TTC bus terminal.
* A new Islington Avenue entrance with public art.
* Relocated passenger pick-up and drop-off and taxi facilities.
* Expansion of the existing Cordova commuter parking lot.
The purpose of this open house is to provide more information about the
improvements to Islington Station and what to expect during construction.
PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE
Tuesday, April 22, 2008, 4:00 p.m.( 7:00 p.m.
Islington Station, 1240 Islington Avenue (at Bloor Street West)
View all articles from April
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.