TTC New Year's Eve service
December 30, 2008
On New Year’s Eve, service will be free after 12 midnight to 4 a.m. on January 1, 2009. The free service is funded by a coalition of leaders in the entertainment industry - the Toronto Entertainment Alliance.
Late night service on most routes will operate later than usual. The specific details are below:
Wednesday, December 31 - New Year’s Eve
- Regular morning peak period service.
- Reduced afternoon peak-period service, operating from 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- Subway and most bus and streetcar service extended until approximately 4 a.m., Thursday, January 1.
- Free service after 12 midnight to 4 a.m. on January 1, 2009.
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth Subway leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard Subway leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
Thursday, January 1, 2009 - New Year’s Day
- Sunday service.
- Subway and most routes start at 9 a.m.
From now to January 2, 2009, for $9.00 a day, a TTC Day Pass provides unlimited one day travel for a group of up to six people, maximum two adults and not more than 4 children/youths 19 years of age or under. The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning.
View all articles from December
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.