May 5, 2008
TTC ramping up routes to summer attractions!
The TTC is pleased to announce the following transit service increases to Toronto’s favourite summer destinations. These service changes mean faster and more frequent rides to your favourite spots starting on Sunday, May 11.
Harbourfront, Ontario Place and Exhibition Place
- 6 BAY - Seasonal service change. Bus service runs later into the early evening on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Buses run every 17 minutes.
- 29 DUFFERIN - Seasonal route extension. Summer seasonal service runs on the route extension to Ontario Place. Buses on the 29B "To Exhibition & Ontario Place" branch will run after 9 am daily.
- 509 HARBOURFRONT - Seasonal service change. Service increases at most time of the week, running every seven to 10 minutes throughout the day. Late-evening service runs every 10 to 15 minutes, seven days a week, until about 1 am
- 510 SPADINA - Seasonal service change. Service increases between Spadina Station and Queen's Quay on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- 165 WESTON RD NORTH - Seasonal route extension. At the request of York Region Transit, service extends to Canada’s Wonderland on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays until Saturday, November 1. Buses run every 24 minutes during the daytime on Saturdays and about every 32-40 minutes on Sundays and holidays.
- 172 CHERRY STREET - Seasonal service change. Direct bus service runs from Union Station to Cherry Beach (Clarke Beach Park) on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Buses run to Commissioners’ Street every 30 minutes Monday-to-Friday evenings; to Cherry Beach every 20 minutes on Saturdays; and every 30 minutes on Sundays and holidays. Last bus approximately 1:15 am every day.
- 92 WOODBINE SOUTH - Seasonal service change. Bus service increases to every 10 minutes in the early evenings on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The last bus will leave the Lake Shore at 12:15 am every day.
Parc Downsview Park
- 101 PARC DOWNSVIEW PARK - Seasonal service change. Bus service runs from 6 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday, and from 9 am to 10 pm on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Buses run every 20 minutes.
- 85 SHEPPARD EAST - Later service to Toronto Zoo. Starting on Saturday, May 17, later bus service will be provided from the Toronto Zoo in the early evening on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The last trips to Don Mills Station and Rouge Hill GO Station will leave the zoo at about 8:30 pm
- 86 SCARBOROUGH - Seasonal route extension to Toronto Zoo. Starting on Saturday, May 17, the buses will run to the Toronto Zoo on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Later service will be provided from the Toronto Zoo in the early evening, Monday to Friday. The last bus will leave the zoo at 8:30 pm
View all articles from May
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.