TTC New Year’s Eve service free after midnight, January 1
December 19, 2011
On New Year’s Eve, the Toronto Transit Commission will offer free, extended service after midnight to 4 a.m. on January 1, 2012. Please don’t drink and drive.
Late night service on most routes will operate later than usual. Subway trains will arrive approximately every 5 minutes. Blue Night service will begin at 4 a.m.
Saturday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve:
- Most routes start at 6:00 a.m.
- Subway and most surface routes service extended until approximately 4 a.m., Sunday, January 1.
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth Subway leave Bloor-Yonge at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT leaves Kennedy at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard Subway leaves Sheppard-Yonge at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
Sunday, January 1, 2012 - New Year’s Day:
- Sunday service – subway and most routes start at 9 a.m.
View all articles from December
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.