News for November 2011
Annual yuletide toy drive aims to stuff six TTC buses
November 30, 2011
On December 3 and 4, 2011, TTC employees will be holding the annual Stuff-the-Bus toy drive at participating Walmart stores across Toronto.
- TTC service changes for January 2012
November 24, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced various route changes that flow from its approved 2012 operating budget, which will enable the TTC to balance its budget with a reduced subsidy from the City of Toronto without cutting routes or hours of operation.
- TTC adjusts subway service on Bloor-Danforth line this weekend
November 22, 2011 - Due to track and switch work near St. George Station, the TTC will be re-routing trains from November 26 to November 27
- Man sentenced to 36 days in jail for assault on TTC employee
November 21, 2011 - A 20-year-old man was sentenced to 36 days in jail last Friday for assault
- TTC holds first town hall meeting, Nov. 24
November 21, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission will hold its first town hall meeting this Thursday, Nov. 24
- Kids 12 and under wearing ‘red noses’ ride TTC free to Santa Claus parade
November 16, 2011 - Kids under 12 wearing ‘red noses’ ride TTC free to Santa Claus parade
- TTC to address Parliamentary committee on a National Transit Strategy
November 16, 2011 - The Chief General Manager of the Toronto Transit Commission, Gary Webster, will address the Standing Committee of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities of the House of Commons
- TTC Operator’s fatherly instincts take over
November 11, 2011 - A TTC Operator has been awarded the Stand Up For Kids Award by the Children’s Aid Societies of Toronto
- Man sentenced to 45 days in jail for assault on TTC employee
November 10, 2011 - A 29-year-old man was sentenced to 45 days in jail on Tuesday for breach of probation and uttering death threats against a TTC employee.
- Late Sunday opening of TTC University subway line
November 9, 2011 - The University subway line will not begin service until 2 p.m. this Sunday, November 13.
- Canadian war vets and peacekeepers ride the TTC for free on Remembrance Day
November 7, 2011 - On Remembrance Day, decorated Canadian war and peacekeeping veterans can ride the TTC for free.
- TTC invites public to preview next generation streetcar
November 7, 2011 - The public is invited to a preview of the next generation of streetcars for Toronto
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.