TTC New Year's Eve service free after 7 p.m. thanks to Corby Spirit and Wine
December 9, 2013
On New Year's Eve, the Toronto Transit Commission will offer free, extended service from 7 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2013 to 7 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2014 thanks to a new, three-year partnership with Corby Spirit and Wine.
"We are delighted to partner with the TTC to offer Torontonians a safe way to go to and from their festivities on New Year's Eve. As a company, we have zero tolerance for impaired driving and hope this partnership will further promote this message. Don't pay the price: enjoy this holiday season, and enjoy it responsibly by not drinking and driving and making sure no one around you does either," said Corby President and CEO Patrick O'Driscoll.
"Through their three-year agreement with TTC to sponsor our free New Year's Eve service, Corby Spirit and Wine is highlighting the important public service our TTC provides and the need to act responsibly by not drinking and driving," said TTC Chair Karen Stintz. "On behalf of my Council colleagues and fellow Commissioners, I thank Corby Spirit and Wine for their contribution and for helping the TTC keep Toronto safe. Please welcome the New Year with the TTC."
Late night service will be extended on most routes. Specific details are as follows:
Tuesday, December 31 - New Year's Eve
- Most routes with Monday-Friday late evening service will continue until 4 a.m., with the Blue Night Network operating from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina line will leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth line will leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT line will leave Kennedy Station at 4:07 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard line will leave Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014 - New Year's Day:
- Sunday service.
- Subway starts at 9 a.m.
View all articles from December
Victoria Park: Elevator out of service between overpass, Victoria Park Ave entrance and concourse.
Last updated Jul 3, 6:39 PM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.