News for May 2014
TTC Queen streetcars to resume service through Victoria Street
May 30, 2014
The 501/301 Queen streetcars will resume service along Queen Street, servicing Osgoode and Queen subway stations in both directions starting at 7:00 p.m., on Saturday May 31. Northbound and southbound access to Victoria Street will remain closed until June 7.
- TTC subway signal upgrade and track work this Saturday
May 28, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission is continuing signal upgrade work and track replacement on Line 1
- TTC adjusting Queen St. E. service to improve travel times during construction
May 21, 2014 - Since construction began May 11 at Queen St. E. and Leslie St., as well as at Queen St. E. and Victoria St., the Toronto Transit Commission has been closely monitoring service and making adjustments to help improve reliability on the 501 Queen, 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road streetcar routes.
- Public invited to board TTC’s new streetcar at Doors Open Toronto
May 21, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission will open its doors this Saturday, May 24, as part of Doors Open Toronto
- TTC subway track work – Woodbine to Kennedy stations on May 24-25
May 20, 2014 - This weekend, the Toronto Transit Commission is undertaking scheduled subway track replacement on a section of Line 2
- TTC, unions ratify contracts in four 4-year deals
May 17, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission has successfully completed negotiations for new collective agreements with its four unions
- Special TTC board meeting called for May 14
May 13, 2014 -
A special meeting of the Toronto Transit Commission board has been called for Wednesday, May 14 at 1 p.m. at 1900 Yonge Street (TTC head office) to consider a confidential labour relations matter related to collective bargaining.
- TTC improves service to many routes across the city
May 8, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission is making many service improvements starting on Sunday, May 11
- TTC subway track work – Woodbine to Kennedy stations on May 10-11
May 7, 2014 - This weekend, the Toronto Transit Commission is undertaking scheduled subway track replacement on a section of Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth)
- Details on TTC streetcar track upgrades, infrastructure renewal on Queen St. E.
May 5, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission is installing and replacing streetcar track and upgrading utilities and infrastructure at three intersections along Queen St. E
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.