TTC and City to undertake major track and infrastructure work on Bathurst St.
October 9, 2014
Starting Tuesday, October 14 at 6 a.m., the Toronto Transit Commission and City of Toronto will carry out major construction work at the intersections of Bathurst and Wolseley Streets and Bathurst and Dundas Street West. This work is required to bring the track infrastructure, watermain and adjacent road to a state of good repair and will result in more reliable service for many years to come.
The work will be completed in phases:
Phase 1 (October 12 – November 22):
- Work within the Wolseley Loop will result in a bus service replacing the 511 Bathurst streetcar. No diversion will be required.
Phase 2 (October 20 – November 2):
- Work around and outside of the Wolseley Loop will result in the full intersection closure of Bathurst and Wolseley Streets, with no through traffic on Bathurst Street from Willis Street to Robinson Street. The 511 Bathurst bus will be diverted as follows:
- Southbound – Bathurst, Dundas, Spadina, Richmond, Bathurst to route.
- Northbound – Bathurst, Adelaide, Spadina, Dundas, Bathurst to route.
Phase 3 (November 3 – 20):
- Work will result in the full closure of the Bathurst and Dundas Street West intersection. The 505 Dundas streetcar will divert via Spadina, College, Dundas to route. The 511 Bathurst bus will divert as follows:
- Southbound – Bathurst, College, Spadina, Richmond, Bathurst to route.
- Northbound – Bathurst, Adelaide, Spadina, College, Bathurst to route.
The TTC encourages residents to visit businesses in the area, which remain open during construction. The intersection of Bathurst Street and Dundas Street West is scheduled to re-open on November 21.
View all articles from October
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.