TTC welcomes Parapan Am Games athletes, spectators
August 6, 2015
Starting tomorrow, until Saturday, August 15, the TTC is providing increased transit and customer service as part of its commitment to keep the city moving during the Parapan Am Games. This Sunday, subway service will begin at 6 a.m.
Customer service continues to be a priority for the TTC, as it was during the Pan Am Games. TTC Games Ambassadors will be deployed at transit hubs near Games venues, helping customers and spectators find their way.
The TTC’s new mobile app is convenient for purchasing and using day or group passes on a customer’s mobile iOS or Android device. Group passes are available through the duration of the Games: For just $11.50, a group of up to two adults and four youths (13-19 years old) or one adult and five youths can travel all day until 5:30 a.m. the next day (children 12 and under ride free).
The TTC will also continue to showcase in-station entertainment designed to surprise and delight our customers, welcome athletes and visitors to the city, and celebrate the Games. Entertainment celebrating the cultures of participating countries will continue at Downsview and Dundas subway stations at various times throughout the Games.
The TTC Morph characters return to welcome customers at Downsview, Queen and Osgoode stations. TTC Morphs are a fun and interactive way to remind customers to “be a good sport” while using transit. Customers are encouraged to get into the spirit of the Games by sharing their TTC Morph selfies and photos and using the hashtags: #TTCGameOn or #TTCMorphs. Find out more about the TTC Morphs in this short video.
Spectators with an event ticket can travel for free on the TTC on the day of their event.
Temporary express bus routes have been organized to service Games venues:
- 193 EXHIBITION ROCKET: non-stop express buses from Dundas West Station to Dufferin Gate Loop for Ontario Place West Channel (OPW) (August 8 only for Road Cycling event)
- 194 AQUATICS CENTRE ROCKET: non-stop express buses from Don Mills Station to CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Aquatics Centre and Field House (PAC)
- 195 JANE ROCKET: express buses from Jane Station to CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Athletics Stadium (YOR)
- 406 VENUE SHUTTLE DOWNTOWN from St George and from Queen’s Park stations to the Ryerson Athletic Centre (RYA)
- 408 Venue SHUTTLE EAST between the CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Aquatics Centre and Field House (PAC) venue at U of T Scarborough, and the U of T Scarborough Parapan Am Tennis Centre (UTS) venue
Parapan Am spectators may book accessible transit by calling the Call One booking service at 1-844-727-2663 (844-PARA ONE), open from 6 a.m. to midnight daily.
The TTC wishes all Parapan Am athletes the best of luck, and visitors an enjoyable and safe stay in Toronto. It looks forward to delivering excellent service throughout the Games and being a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
View all articles from August
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.