TTC holding public consultations on Wheel-Trans service
July 5, 2016
Starting this evening, the TTC is holding several public consultations on its Wheel-Trans services. The public is invited to provide input and learn about changes to the TTC’s family of services, including expanded eligibility for Wheel-Trans starting in 2017 (as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – AODA).
Captioning, attendant and interpreter Services (incl. ASL) will be provided at each location:
Downtown - Today
Tues., July 5 - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Metro Hall - Room 308/309
55 John St.
An accessible shuttle bus service will be available between St George Station and Metro Hall from 5 to 10 p.m.
Tues., July 12 - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Scarborough Civic Centre - Rotunda Room
150 Borough Dr. (McCowan Rd. & Ellesmere Rd.)
Thurs., July 14 - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
North York Memorial Community Hall - Burgundy Room
5110 Yonge St.
Thurs., July 21- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Father John Redmond Catholic Secondary School - cafeteria
28 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr.
About Wheel-Trans services:
- Wheel-Trans currently provides more than 11,000 door-to-door, specialized transit trips per day.
- Wheel-Trans is a 24/7 service.
- Approximately 77,000 trips are carried weekly using TTC owned and operated Wheel-Trans buses, and contracted accessible and sedan Taxis.
- 28% of trips are carried on a fleet of 198 buses while 210 accessible taxis carry 42% of the trips with the remaining 28% carried on sedans.
- Wheel-Trans also operates the Community Bus service on five fixed routes on weekdays only.
- Wheel-Trans registers 1,000 new customers per month as eligible to receive specialized transit services.
- The demand for Wheel-Trans service has increased by more than 29% over the last five years with a 12.4% increase from 2014 to 2015.
View all articles from July
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.