TTC track work closes part of Line 2 this weekend
July 13, 2017
Service added for Honda Indy Toronto
This weekend, July 15-16, Line 2 Bloor-Danforth will close between Jane and Ossington stations so TTC crews can replace rail and rail ties.
More than 40 shuttle buses will provide frequent service to all stations between Jane and Ossington stations, with extra service for customers heading to the Honda Indy Toronto. Wheel-Trans will operate from Jane to Ossington stations for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with any TTC staff to request the service.
To provide better bus service and accommodate traffic flow, there will be no on-street parking on both sides of Bloor St. between Jane St. and Ossington Ave. from 3:30 a.m. Saturday to 12:01 a.m. Monday. During the Bloor West Street Fest on July 15, Bloor St. will be closed between Jane St. and Runnymede Rd. Shuttle buses will divert around the street closure via Jane St., Annette St. and Runnymede Rd. Parking is available at several Green P lots and at TTC commuter parking lots.
While the TTC does much of its subway maintenance work at the conclusion of service each night, it continues to require weekend closures to complete state-of-good-repair work, like replacing track and maintaining switches. One weekend of work during a closure is equivalent to about five weeks of nightly work.
Regular subway service resumes Monday at 6 a.m. The next scheduled subway closures are:
- July 22-23 - Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: St George to Broadview for city and TTC work on the Prince Edward (Bloor) Viaduct.
- July 29-30 - Line 1 Yonge-University: Sheppard West to St George for ATC signal work.
- Aug. 12-13 - Line 1 Yonge-University: Sheppard West to St George for ATC signal work.
As the TTC continues important infrastructure work this weekend – and throughout the summer – customers should check ttc.ca for bus and streetcar route diversions. As well, to accommodate the many events that occur in a vibrant and exciting city like Toronto, some surface routes will divert for short periods of time. Customers can receive up-to-the-minute advisories by subscribing to eAlerts or following @TTCnotices on Twitter.
Honda Indy Toronto
Customers heading to the Honda Indy Toronto this weekend at Exhibition Place can take advantage of the following service increases:
- Extra service on 511 Bathurst and 509 Harbourfront, running directly into the Exhibition Place loop.
- An express shuttle bus service from Jane Station to Exhibition Place.
- Extra service on the 29 Dufferin to Springhurst Ave. (race day Sunday only).
- 514 Cherry will be extended to Sunnyside Loop on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days.
Several other routes will have regular routing impacted by this event:
- 29 Dufferin will turn back at Springhurst Ave.
- 510 Spadina will turn back at Queens Quay W. during the event
- 121 Fort York Esplanade will divert via Fleet and Fort York Blvd. until Sunday 11:59 p.m.
- 145 Downtown/Humber Bay Express will divert via Colbourne Lodge to King St. until Sunday 11:59 p.m.
View all articles from July
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.