News for May 2019
A portion of TTC Line 1 to close early next Mon., Tues. and Thurs.
May 31, 2019
Next week, the portion of the TTC's Line 1 between Wilson and St Clair West stations will close at 11 p.m. nightly on Mon., Jun. 3, Tues., Jun. 4 and Thurs., Jun. 6 for track maintenance.
- TTC to launch first all-electric bus into service
May 31, 2019 - TTC Chair Jaye Robinson, Mayor John Tory and Marco Mendicino, Member of Parliament for Eglinton-Lawrence launch the first of the TTC’s all-electric buses into service on the 35 Jane route.
- Take the TTC to cheer on the Raptors
May 30, 2019 - The TTC is helping Raptors fans get around safely as they cheer on the home team in the historic finals starting tonight, and Raptors in-arena announcer Herbie Kuhn is spreading the message with a special public address announcement now playing in all TTC subway stations.
- A portion of TTC Line 2 to open late this Saturday
May 29, 2019 - The portion of Line 2 between St George and Broadview stations will be closed until noon this Sat., Jun. 1 for maintenance on the Prince Edward (Bloor) Viaduct.
- TTC Audit & Risk Management Committee Meeting Rescheduled to Monday
May 29, 2019 - The TTC’s Audit & Risk Management Committee meeting, which was originally scheduled for today at 1 p.m., is being rescheduled to the morning of Monday, June 3.
- TTC Audit & Risk Management Committee Meeting
May 24, 2019 - The TTC Audit & Risk Management Committee will meet next week on Wed., May 29 at 1 p.m.
- A portion of TTC Line 1 to open late this Sunday
May 24, 2019 - This Sun., May 26 only, the portion of Line 1 between St Clair and Union stations will open at 10 a.m. to allow TTC crews to continue upgrading the ATC signal system.
- TTC targeting fare evasion with new campaign and increased enforcement
May 22, 2019 - Last week, the TTC launched a new fare evasion advertising campaign to educate people about the consequences of not paying a fare, specifically fines of up to $425.
- A portion of TTC Line 1 to close early next Tues-Thurs
May 17, 2019 - Next Tues. through Thurs. nights, May 21-23, the portion of the TTC's Line 1 between Eglinton and Bloor stations will close at 11 p.m. for track maintenance.
- TTC’s Line 3 to close for track maintenance
May 15, 2019 - This Sat., May 18 through Mon., May 20, there will be no service on Line 3 Scarborough as TTC crews carry out essential track maintenance work.
- TTC’s ATC signal upgrades extend to St Patrick Station
May 12, 2019 - Earlier today, the portion of TTC Line 1 between St Patrick and Dupont stations began operating on the modern and improved Automatic Train Control (ATC) system.
- A portion of TTC Line 1 to close early this Mon-Thurs
May 10, 2019 - Next Monday through Thursday, May 13-16, the portion of the TTC’s Line 1 between Eglinton and Bloor stations will close at 11 p.m. nightly for track maintenance.
- A portion of TTC Line 1 to close this weekend
May 9, 2019 - This weekend, May 11-12, the portion of Line 1 between St Clair West and Union stations will be closed as TTC crews continue installation of the Automatic Train Control (ATC) signalling system.
- TTC partners with East Metro Youth Services to launch mental health awareness campaign
May 6, 2019 - In honour of Mental Health Week (May 6-12), TTC Chair Jaye Robinson helped to unveil a mental health awareness poster designed by and for local youth at Scarborough Centre Station.
- TTC extends sales of PRESTO Tickets to 10 stations
May 6, 2019 - The TTC is today making one-ride, two-ride and day pass PRESTO Tickets available at Fare Vending Machines in stations from Vaughan Metropolitan Centre to Wilson.
- A portion of TTC Line 1 to close early next Mon-Thurs
May 3, 2019 - Next Monday through Thursday, May 6-9, the portion of the TTC’s Line 1 between Eglinton and Bloor stations will close at 11 p.m. nightly for track maintenance.
- TTC marks Mental Health Week with East Metro Youth Services
May 3, 2019 - In honour of Mental Health Week (May 6-12), TTC Chair Jaye Robinson will join Vince Tedesco, CEO of adolescent mental health centre East Metro Youth Services, to unveil a poster designed by and for local youth.
- TTC Board to meet next Wednesday
May 1, 2019 - The TTC Board will hold its next meeting on Wed., May 8, at Toronto City Hall. The public session will begin at 1 p.m.
- A portion of TTC Line 2 to close this Saturday only for track maintenance
May 1, 2019 - This Sat., May 4 only, the portion of Line 2 between Victoria Park and Kennedy stations will be closed to allow TTC crews to perform essential track maintenance work.
- TTC photos showcased in Scotiabank’s CONTACT Photography Festival
May 1, 2019 - With People Moving People, its 28-photo exhibit, the TTC is proudly participating in the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival.
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.