Bloor and Yonge area - survey work, utility and geotechnical investigations
December 12 to April 6, 2021
What we are doing and why
On June 1, 2020 crews began survey, utility and geotechnical investigations, including borehole drilling as part of the TTC’s Bloor-Yonge Capacity Improvements Project. The survey, utility and borehole work areas are located from north of Asquith Avenue to Hayden Street and from Church Street to Yonge Street.
The work will be continuing on December 12, 2020 with an anticipated completion of April 6, 2021. The new test pit areas are shown in green on the map.
- Work at these locations is expected to be completed by April 6, 2021.
- Some work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Work on Yonge Street and Asquith Avenue will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Work on Bloor Street East and West will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday to Sunday
Separate construction notices will be issued if/when required.
What to expect
- Temporary lane closures will occur during this work, please take extra care while travelling in the areas.
- Equipment and work trucks will be present on the roadway as crews move from one test pit to the next.
- Drilling crews will be at each test pit location for approximately two to three weeks, with occasional follow up visits to each location as required.
- You may experience noise and vibration related to drilling, hydro-vacuuming, and equipment use. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Temporary spray paint markings will be used in the road and on the sidewalks.
Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways and property access will be maintained at all times.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Theresa Buck, Construction Liaison Officer, 647-882-0137; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service