Bloor and Yonge area - survey work, utility and geotechnical investigations
June 1 to September 30, 2020
What we are doing and why
Beginning on Monday, June 1, 2020 crews will start geotechnical investigations, including borehole drilling as part of the TTCs state of good repair project. The borehole work areas will be located on Asquith Avenue to Bloor Street and from Church Street to Yonge Street.
There is currently ongoing survey work and utility investigations happening in the neighbourhood. This work is located in the area bounded by Bay Street to Church Street and Hayden Street to Collier Street.
The area streets where work will take place are:
- Asquith Avenue between Yonge Street and Park Road
- Bloor Street between Bay and Church Streets
- Church Street between Collier Street and Park Road
- Cumberland Street west of Yonge
- Hayden Street between Yonge and Church Streets
- Yonge Street between Yorkville Avenue and Hayden Street
- Work at these locations is expected to begin June 1, 2020 and be completed by September 30, 2020.
- Some work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday.
What to expect
- Lane closures will occur during this work, please take extra care while travelling in the areas.
- Equipment and work trucks will be present on the roadway as crews move from one borehole to the next.
- Drilling crews will be at each borehole location for approximately two to three weeks, with occasional follow up visits to each location as required.
- You may experience noise and vibration related to drilling, hydro-vacuuming, and equipment use. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Temporary spray paint markings will be used in the road and sidewalk.
Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways and property access will be maintained at all times.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Theresa Buck, Construction Liaison Officer, 647-882-0137; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service