Runnymede Station - Easier Access Project
Construction from late 2018 to late 2020
For background information, please visit the project page.
Bus loop re-opening and project update – June 29, 2020
The construction staging area will be rearranged within the bus roadway to re-open it on June 29, 2020. Customers will now board all buses inside Runnymede Station’s bus loop. Temporary bus stops/signage will be removed.
A portion of the bus loop will be occupied by construction material as the project continues to progress. The three elevator shafts have been built. Crews are currently installing the elevator systems into the shafts. Upcoming work includes completing the electronics, hydraulics and finishes for the new elevators.
The TTC’s Easier Access Program makes stations accessible with the addition of new elevators. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2020.
Runnymede Easier Access improvements include:
Barrier-free path from the main entrance to all levels of the station including the installation of:
- 3 elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- Automatic sliding station entry doors (on Kennedy Avenue)
- Improved signage and CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
- Masonry repairs and fire alarm upgrades
- As part of these upgrades, art will be installed in accordance with the TTC’s Public Art Policy.
Noise and work hours
- The majority of work will take place between Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some overnight and weekend work will be required during the course of this project in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
- Noise, dust and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-6937; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service