Wilson Station - elevator construction
Starting as early as November 7, 2018
For background information, please visit the project page.
Work description and purpose
Starting as early as November 7, work will commence at Wilson station to construct: three new elevators to access north and south bound platform, concourse level and bus platforms; automatic sliding station doors as per the diagram below; improved signage; CCTV security cameras along the accessible pathway; new accessible washroom on the concourse level; and a public art installation. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2020.
What to expect and work hours
- Construction will start as early as Wednesday, November 7.
- No bus or subway services will be impacted during any stage of construction.
- Washrooms in the concourse level will temporarily closed for renovations.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
- The majority of work will take place between Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some overnight and weekend work will be required during the course of this project in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
Pedestrian, Bicycle and Vehicular Access
- The entrance on the north side of Wilson Avenue west of Allen Road will be temporarily closed for renovations.
- All parking spaces will be maintained through construction.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit safety and accessibility at Wilson Station.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Construction Liaison, 416-981-1532; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service